The below summarises my working history. Please contact me for further information.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES AND COMPLEXES
I have worked for the below list of property management companies and complexes.
Pro Admin Pty Ltd
November 2017 – December 2018
Merrow Down Country Club
January 2016 – November 2017
Angor Property Specialists
January 2014 – December 2015
Riverside Lodge Body Corporate
2010 -December 2013
2011 – December 2013
Duties performed in the property management field:
BC/ HOA Meetings
- Chairing and/or taking minutes of Trustee/Director meeting as required as well as actioning items resulting from the meeting
- Determine the date, time and venue for AGM/SGM according to legislation and Trustee/Director availability
- Preparing for AGM/SGM: budget, special project quotes, quorum info, etc.
- Updating changes to information resulting from AGM/SGM e.g. levy increase, special levy, etc.
Monthly Levy Run
- Providing info to Financial Controller (FC) for monthly levy statement run
- Oversee monthly statement run and approving snapshot and levy roll before a live run
- Ensuring statement run occurred for each building in the portfolio
- Approving monthly reports before sending to Trustees/Directors
- Ensuring monthly reports are generated for each building in the portfolio
- Reports to be checked and distributed by a priority list
- Building and maintaining relationships with Trustees/Directors, residents, contractors, relevant councils and utility management companies
- Communicating with owners directly and via Owners’ Letters
- Constant feedback and communication with cell and caretakers/estate managers
BC/HOA Payroll Info
- Submitting BC/HOA payroll input to Payroll Department
- Oversee distribution of manual payslips monthly
- Assisting the Payroll Department in obtaining statutory information for BC/HOA from Trustees/Directors
- Handing over defaulting owners to external attorneys as per the mandate
- Managing accounts under transfer, arrangement or legal in collaboration with debt collector where appropriate
- Liaising with councils re-billing statements, queries, payments etc.
Building Contractors and Maintenance
- Taking instruction from Trustees/Directors and responding with appropriate action in cooperation with Portfolio Specialist Assistant
- Escalating individual owner issues to Trustees/Directors in an appropriate and timeous manner
- Following up on outstanding maintenance matters in cooperation with PSA
- Payment of creditors within given parameters
- Loading of new creditors on system
- Confirming levy information for Clearance Figures
- Updating and renewal of Insurance Schedules for buildings in the portfolio
- Facilitating insurance claims in cooperation with PSA and Insurance Clerk
- Ensure compliance with the STA, regulations OHSA, Basic Conditions of Employment and all other relevant legislation.
- Secure regular updates on legislation affecting the scheme and advise the Board of the same.
- Attend attorney/client meetings for or with trustees as required.
- Enforce Body Corporate Conduct Rules within reason.
4 Degrees South
May 2012 to June 2013
Position: Office Manager (Contractor)
Architectural and Construction Procurement Company dealing mostly in Africa & NB & Associates – Architectural and Project Management Company dealing mostly in South Africa. Responsibilities included:
- Admistrative duties, Procurement & Secretarial function for two companies owned by the same person
- Diary Management
- Supporting Management
- Typing of letters
- Maintaining filing system electronically and with paper documents
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Liaising with all main and sub contractors
- Obtaining quotations
The Balance of Work 2 Play
April 2012 to October 2012
Position: Accounts Manager (Contractor) – Event Management & Incentive Company
- Administration & Accounts
- Working in the accounts department, dealing with supplier invoices and budgets on the various events
- Expo & Edutalks – Speaker procurement and liaison
- Alzheimers Congress – Speaker procurement and liaison
Eden Moon Trading
From April 2003 to February 2012
Position: Company Owner
I was responsible for the estate management and administration of Waterford Estate and Riverside Lodge, an upmarket residential village consisting of 220 private homes and 101 townhouse units respectively. I ran the estate and the complex, taking care of the security, the grounds, property maintenance, liaison with residents and all related administrative and billing functions. I employed a team of nine full-time workers, managing them with an efficient and hands-on approach. I built up a good rapport with residents and had to be highly visible, proactive and respond quickly and effectively when problems arose.
Bella (Lara Herbst trading as Bella)
From September 2001 to March 2003
I ran my own event management company contracting to other event companies, planning, organising and hosting events such as conferences, banquets, launches, exhibitions and meetings. These events catered for up to 500 delegates at top-quality venues such as Fancourt, Zimbali Lodge, The Lost Palace at Sun City and the Royal Livingstone in Zambia.
My tasks included creating and maintaining an Access database to issue invitations and process RSVPs, arranging flight and travel bookings with travel agents, planning and managing excursions, addressing all onsite event management and co-ordination requirements and attending to any problems or queries that delegates raised with speed and proficiency.
From 2000 to 2001
Position: Event Co-ordinator
I worked as an event co-ordinator, planning and rolling out conferences that lasted up to three days, attended by up to 750 delegates. My responsibilities included database management, to issue and co-ordinate invitations, liaison with venue, travel and transport representatives, registration of delegates and all onsite event management and co-ordination requirements. I managed executive breakfasts and dinners, arranged guest speakers and organised onsite excursions and entertainment programmes for spouses and children accompanying delegates, which once amounted to 125 extra people. To excel in this role, I needed to be extremely organised, highly professional and provide service excellence at all times.
Red Cherry Marketing
From June 1999 to April 2000
Position: Production Assistant
I worked as a production assistant, securing TV airtime for clients’ commercials on M-Net and SABC. This role required me to liaise with clients, brief production houses, plan and organise flighting codes, manage final edits and mixing sessions, communicate with members of the public and complete office administration tasks effectively.
Previous Positions Held:
From 1988 to March 1999
- Professional Events Co-ordinators (April –June 1999): Office Manager
- Papilsky Hurwitz (February –April 1999): Personal Assistant to 8 partners
- KSDP Pentagraph (Pty) Ltd (June 1997 – December 1998): PA to Managing Director
- DLJ African Merchant Bank Limited (April 1997 – June 1997): PA to Executive Director
- Deloitte & Touche Entrepreneur Services (March 1996 – April 1997): Team Administrator
- Working Holiday in the UK (April 1995 – February 1996): Life Experience
- Pieterse Lotz & Partners (March 1994 – March 1995): Office Administrator
- NP Natal (March 1989 – February 1994): Secretary
- Grindrod Transport (May 1988 – February 1989): Receptionist / Switchboard